The Firs at the Irma Stern Museum
The Firs at the Irma Stern Museum
Outdoor area at the Irma Stern Museum
Old Coach House
Entrance building of the Irma Stern Museum
At a glance
Consider the Irma Stern Museum for your next workshop, seminar, exhibition or event. Our venues can be configured to many different requirements, so please do get in touch to discuss.
Indoor and outdoor venues
For groups of 2–100 people
Day and evening events
The Irma Stern Museum offers unique venues for hire: from the atmospheric and iconic lounge, crisp and light-filled workshop room, intimate gallery to the historic meandering garden.
There are many venue options depending on the type of event you are planning, and here are some of our favourites:
Atmospheric, eclectic and inspiring, the Irma Stern Lounge offers a large venue furnished with unique historic chairs and 15th century European oak tables and sideboards. With its adjacent sheltered veranda and sweeping garden, it is ideal for book and product launches or for film and photo-shoots.
Seating for up to 45 people can be arranged. Food can be served and consumed on the adjacent veranda.
Light and airy, with wonderful views from windows overlooking the gardens, the workshop space has projection facilities and a counter for refreshments. With a flexible arrangement of tables and chairs, the venue caters for inspiring workshops, breakaway sessions, away-from-home meetings and presentations.
Please note that this venue is only accessible via stairs and hence is not yet wheelchair friendly.
Your imagination is the limit when it comes to using the beautiful, meandering and romantic garden. Heavily treed and with two central lawn areas, spread your picnic blankets, celebrate birthday parties, or host your end of year staff party amongst the greenery.
Please note that the garden is open to individuals for picnics without prior booking, but groups larger than six people please need to book ahead.
The Old Coach House
Interlinked white-washed spaces with glimpses of the garden and flow to a food preparation area, the Gallery is best used in conjunction with the adjacent Kitchen Garden as a venue for a cocktail, dinner, childrens’ or garden party.
Rates on request and as per event. As an education institution, funds raised by venue hire form an important contribution to helping the museum fulfil its educational mission.
We offer free or favourable fees for venue hire to staff, students and departments of the University of Cape Town.
For details, contact us at email@example.com or +27 (0)21 650 7240
- Additional staff, security and cleaning costs may apply for certain venue hire.
- Due to strict noise regulations and being situated in a residential area, events must finish at 10pm.
- Set-up and de-installation times are decided on a case-by-case basis.
- The museum has a standard projector, laptop and small PA system available, but does not offer any technical support or set-up beyond a standard set-up.
- A 50% deposit of the total venue hire is required to secure an event date along with a signed copy of the Standard Terms & Conditions and proof of payment.
- A refundable deposit is required for any damages or breakages to any property, the balance of which will be repaid within two weeks after the event. For events linked to UCT, this deposit may be waived at the discretion of management.
- On cancellation, the client is liable for any costs already incurred in preparation for the event.
- All large furniture and hired items will have to be approved by management prior to the event.
- Access to the food preparation area needs to be confirmed with management prior to booking.